Over the past few years Matthews has shipped the MAX MENACE ARM to clients all over the world, and we have received excellent reviews from Gaffers, Directors of Photography, Key Grips, rental houses, production companies and motion picture and television studios. Matthews Studio Equipment, along with MAX's creator Hollywood Key Grip Mr. Richard Mall, submitted MAX to the Motion Picture Academy of Arts and Sciences for consideration to be reconized for its highly regarded Technical Achievement Award and MAX won...a very proud moment in Matthews' history of providing Technology that Complements your Imagination.
A prestigious award well deserved; MAX will support lighting fixtures up to 175 pounds (80kg) allowing you to place almost any lighting almost anywhere on set - back lights, over set walls and in places where lifts are restricted such as roof tops, balconies, etc. MAX will support a 75lb (34kg) light fixture up to 17.5ft (533cm) on the horizontal and over 20ft (609cm) in elevation. MAX's horizontal plane can be adjusted from 7-10ft (213-305cm) and at an extension of 8ft (244cm) has a capacity of 175lbs (80kg). MAX can be counterbalanced with either shot or sand bags and by using standard weight plates MAX can be moved around easily on flat, level surfaces.
Weight: 215lbs (98kg)
- MAX can be positioned flush against a wall, into or around a corner.
- MAX works below the horizontal thus eliminating the need for scaffolding.
- MAX can be positioned parallel up to a 10' (305cm) ceiling.
- 16' (487cm) extension without adapter. 17.5' (533cm) extension with adapter.
- Self-leveling head with Baby Pin and Junior Receiver.
- Fast and easy setup or tear down.
- Easily movable at full extension on level surfaces.
- Angles are adjustable with light fixture attached.
- Use for lights, flags, frames, branch holders or even cameras.
- 3:1 weight ratio
Features and Benefits
- Self Leveling head w/ baby pin and junior reciever
- Staight tracking, multi-direction locking, non-marking Tente casters. Best braking casters available.